Hunters Hill 4 McBride Avenue
Family Charm In The Heart Of The Peninsula
Enjoying a leafy tranquil setting just metres from the Lane Cove River this soulful family home combines character features and thoughtful modern additions.
A charming front verandah, surrounded by neighbouring sandstone highlights, greets you and is bathed in natural sunlight from the idyllic north/east corner position. Beyond the entry foyer both families and entertainers will delight in the variety of functional indoor and outdoor living spaces.
A formal sitting room, with wood burning marble Jetmaster fire, and a formal dining room capture the true essence of the home and enjoy year round sun and natural air flow.
A large living room, with a gas Jetmaster fire, adjoins an informal dining area and a stunning gas kitchen with a marble island marble bench. In addition a built in dual computer wall unit is perfect for parents assisting their kids with last minute homework.
The open plan living and kitchen area open through bifold doors to an in ground pool and a myriad of paved alfresco entreating areas. A double lock up garage is attached to the pool house which, with its own bathroom, is ideal for separate guest or adult child accommodation.
Upstairs there are three bedrooms with built in desks and the main bedroom has an ensuite and beautifully framed views to St Ignatius College and the Lane Cove River. The fifth bedroom on the ground level offers the opportunity to live on one level if needs be and has it's own bathroom and adjoining sunroom/study.
Everyday comforts include underfloor gas heating, air conditioning and alarm and intercom systems. There is even an ice making machine !
With location a key driver for many would be buyers you cannot go wrong here being just a short walk from Hunters Hill Public School and the peninsula village for coffee, dining and local shops. There is also easy transport access to the CBD via bus or ferry services from Alexandra Street wharf.
A much loved family for just on twenty years this is a home that has a flexible floor plan that will adapt to any growing family's needs.
Share This Property
- Land area approx 1021sqm
- Council Rates $1000/quarter
- Water Rates $177.93/quarter
- Garages 2
Local Information Hunters Hill
- Government Schools
- Independent Schools
- Hunters Hill Public School
- Lane Cove Public School
- Boronia Park Public School
- Drummoyne Public School
- Lane Cove West Public School
- Greenwich Public School
- Gladesville Public School
- Birchgrove Public School
- Hunters Hill High School
- Riverside Girls High School
- Sydney Secondary College Balmain Campus
- Aurora College
- Bradfield College
- Ryde Secondary College
- Chatswood High School
- Field of Mars Environmental Education Centre
- Royal North Shore Hospital School
- Arndell School
- Naremburn School
- The Children's House Montessori
- Inner Sydney Montessori School, Lilyfield
- St Pius X College
- Villa Maria Catholic Primary School
- Currambena Primary School
- St Michael's Catholic Primary School
- St Mark's Catholic Primary School
- Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Primary School
- All Hallows Catholic Primary School
- Fr John Therry Catholic Primary School Balmain-Rozelle
- Inner Sydney Montessori School
- St Ignatius' College
- Marist Sisters' College Woolwich
- St Joseph's College
- SHORE - Sydney Church of England Grammar School, Boat Shed
- The Scots College, Boat Club campus
- Holy Cross College
- Domremy Catholic College
- Aspect Vern Barnett School, Lane Cove
- Giant Steps Sydney
- Aspect South East Sydney School, Leichhardt